Sharpen your skills with coaching geared to your specific areas of focus.
Let writer and astrologer Jodie Forrest make the experience of her 24 years of full-time astrological practice available for your learning process.
Work one-on-one with Jodie, either in person in Borrego Springs, CA, or on the phone. Set the pace and pick the topics according to your own needs. Areas you might want to cover could include, but are not limited to:
- maintaining confidentiality
- building rapport
- introducing the reading
- detecting and interpreting themes in birthcharts, transits and progressions, or synastries
- how to discuss specific configurations with clients
- Sun-Moon-Ascendant blends
- how to organize the reading: where to go after the Sun, Moon and Ascendant, and why
- use of mythology and archetypal imagery in readings
- storytelling basics, tips and tools of the trade (a historical fantasy novelist with an M.A. in French and Spanish literature, Jodie understands the construction of stories.)
- personifying planets as an interpretive tool
- detecting and interpreting the nodal story and issues
- other types of astrological work: electionals, horaries, relocations and rectifications
- doing practice readings, while Jodie listens and offers constructive suggestions
- critiques of tapes of readings you’ve already done
- the practical logistics of setting up and maintaining a practice
- how and when to make referrals to other practitioners
- suggestions for further reading
- your own questions about astrology: the water houses? Pluto transits? Yods? Ask away!
Sessions arranged on the phone or in person, by appointment.
Fees: $95.00 an hour (with a half hour minimum for $40.00), by telephone or in person. (Exceptions: $100.00 an hour if Jodie does a full-length reading of an entire chart, as if you were the client with that chart, or if she critiques a tape of a full-length reading you did.)
For in-person work:
- An intensive of up to one week’s length can be pre-arranged.
- Shorter amounts of time, starting at one-half hour, are easily do-able.
- Information about lodging in or near Borrego Springs is available upon request.
Contact Jodie to Learn More
Call (919) 270 7749, and please leave a message if no one picks up.
PO Box 2692, Borrego Springs CA 92004
Read what students say about their work with Jodie:
I have been working with Jodie for over a year now and can hardly believe how much my astrological skills have developed in that time. I feel a sense of confidence and competence in understanding and communicating the symbols, putting together a nodal story, and integrating the chart as a whole that a year ago I never dreamed possible. In our sessions together Jodie meets me right where I am, with the steady presence of her well-honed craft plus a grounded compassion for what I need as a student and for the souls whose lives we are exploring through the charts. And she holds nothing back! I am always amazed and grateful for her staggering generosity as she shares with me so freely and enthusiastically from the depth and breadth of her astrological insight and knowledge. It’s very clear that she loves this work with her students, and that love and devotion make each session with her a true joy. I cannot recommend her highly enough and feel truly blessed for this unique opportunity to be guided so expertly by such a gifted and inspiring mentor on my path as a budding astrologer.
--Chris Zydel, M.A., psychotherapist, art therapist
Jodie coached me brilliantly, fine-tuned my ability to synthesize the material, and got me ready to do readings. Best of all, it was fun! She is a wise and friendly teacher par excellence. With her deep astrological knowledge and experience, and her passion for teaching and helping others learn, Jodie is an outstanding mentor for beginners and seasoned astrologers alike.
--Brian Trent, B.A., events manager
I finally got the nerve to begin reading for clients and called Jodie to make sure I was on the right track. She was so insightful and helpful and I was able to practice in front of a real live audience on the phone! It wasn’t that I didn’t understand the essential meaning of the symbols so much as how she was able to help me put everything together in a more comprehensive and understandable way. And it only took an hour! What a deal! Will definitely use her again.
A very insightful and nurturing mentor, Jodie provides a combination of astrological genius, a deep understanding of psychology, and business know-how that allows her students to become technically sharper, hone their story-weaving skills and be capable of successfully running their own businesses. She gives quick insights into missing links in her students’ astrological skills and motivates you to be your own version of an astrologer. I highly recommend a week of intensive in-person work to anyone, from beginner to professional, wanting to better grasp astrology and relay it clearly in his or her own way.
--Sumaya Haddadin, M.S., environmental engineer
A warm and responsive teacher one on one, Jodie helps you make integrative statements about the chart as a whole. Her supervision allows you free reign with your own agenda.
--Andrea Conlon, M.S., licensed clinical social worker
Jodie’s profound wisdom and experience in evolutionary astrology, along with her gentle encouragement and exceptional ability to simplify what can be so complex, catapulted me to a new level of confidence. If you’re serious about deepening your knowledge and working with clients, I can’t think of a greater opportunity than working one on one with Jodie.
--Kerry Brady, M.A., psychotherapist, vision quest leader
Jodie Forrest is a valuable resource for astrology students. She brings a great deal of experience, knowledge and wisdom to her private tutoring sessions. You can explore all aspects of astrology and get all your questions answered. I can’t recommend her enough.
--Virginia Bell, writer
The Lunar Phases
The lunar phases are curiously marginalized in astrological practice. How is a Full Moon in Gemini different from a crescent Moon in the same sign? What about waxing versus waning? Based on The Book of the Moon, this lecture introduces an eight-phase interpretation of the lunar cycle based on the Pagan calendar of solstices, equinoxes, and cross-quarter days. Post Conference Workshop UAC 2012. 3 hours 40 min. Buy Now.